Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Unlife in the city

Today I went to pick up my pay cheque for my House of Horror work, Duane tagged along and we stopped at IHOP for lunch.



The various pancake syrups and the coffee pot. The syrups (L to R) are strawberry, maple, pecan, & classic (I guess it is golden syrup).


My Crispy Fried Steak with mashed potatoes, corn, broccoli and garlic bread.


Duane stuffing his face


Duane had to go to work, so I stayed on the skytrain and stopped at the Main St/Science World stop to take photos, tomorrow I am going to Science World to see the randomness inside. In this picture (from L to R) you can see Science World with the globe, then the Olympic Village, then Downtown Vancouver with BC Place,Home of the CFL's B.C. Lions (the white dome) and GM Place, Home of the Vancouver Canucks (the other dome with the blue sign), then some mountains in the North, then some apartments and a playground. (Click the image to view bigger)


The Olympic Village at False Creek.


Random rock sculptures, the figure like one in the middle is the logo for Vancouver 2010.


More random rock sculptures with the Olympic Village in the background.


I continued my random walk into Downtown and took lots of photos as it begun to get dark. I really like walking around cities at this time of night and watching people leaving work & going home. So I played around with various settings on my camera to produce these photos.

A church in the middle of the city


The Harbor Center view from the church.


The church after it was dark, I used a long exposure to capture the movement of people & cars in contrast to the solidity of the church.


The Harbor Center and a fountain square using the same settings.


A graffiti mural in an alley that I stumbled across.


The Steam Clock.




A cave bear skull in a shop window.


Another random skull,fossils and geodes.


Lots of bottles of maple syrup.


The port at night.


The Water Front station with the Harbor Center in the background.

Taken from the overpass by the Water Front (on the left) looking East, I used a 15 second exposure to get the flow of the traffic.


A random emblem on a building, I think it is of 2 fish facing each other in the waves.


A spider that descended from the roof a couple of nights ago, I'm not sure what species it is.





 Subscribe for updates of DOOM

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. hey dude, really enjoying the photos your taking lately :O) Really cool to see more of where you guys are and all your diff make up shots as scarey people

    ReplyDelete